Chemicals and Advanced Materials
Chemicals and Advanced Materials often form the core for many technology advances that are turning far-fetched concepts into reality across industries. Innovations in chemicals and materials help translate socio economic trends such as ‘innovating to zero’ or industry specific trends such as ‘lightweighting’ into marketable products and services.
Acknowledging the necessity of keeping track of new and emerging material developments, processes, and resultant products is crucial for growth in any industry and a diverse team of industry experts in materials, plastics, polymers, petrochemicals, coatings, chemicals, and oil & gas help companies to achieve success in their industry of focus
Identifying and analyzing the emergence of new materials, coatings and chemicals and assessing how their introduction to existing applications can transform prevailing systems and help in the emergence of new markets, products and services, business models, and even new industries.
Lightweight materials, bio-based materials, ceramics, nanomaterials, smart materials, fibers, plastics, composites, polymers, woven and non woven materials, organic materials, conductive materials and polymers, insulation materials, packaging materials, biomedical materials, graphene, 2D materials and many more.
COATINGS AND THIN FILMS
Protective and functional coatings including paints and emulsions, antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and superhydrophobic coatings, anti-corrosive coatings, nanocoatings, barrier coatings, conductive coatings, insulating coatings and so on.
Commodity chemicals, specialty chemicals, fine chemicals, green chemicals, enzymes, additives and preservatives and so on.
Bioprocessing, encapsulation, extraction, thermal and nonthermal processing, deposition technologies, coatings processes, membrane filtration, packaging, oil & gas refining and processing, fuel additives and blends, lubricants, alternate energy generation, and storage, biofuels, gas separation.
Key Research Focus Areas
Lightweighting and Multifunctionality
Lightweight materials, carbon fibers, glass fibers, 2D materials, stimuli-responsive materials, smart materials, graphene, polymers, plastics and many more.
Materials for Energy and Ultilities
Catalysts, Production and process optimization, upstream and downstream processes.
Nanomaterials, nanofibers, nanocoatings, nano functionalization, surface modification etc.
Chemicals and Advanced Materials (CAM) Technology Cluster
Functional and Protective Coatings
Solvent and water-borne coatings including anti-corrosion coatings, hydrophobic and hydrophilic, anti-fouling coatings, antimicrobial coatings.
Technologies for Efficient Food and Agriculture Systems
Plant protection technologies, nutrition and functional ingredients, food and feed additives, colors, flavors, fragrances, enzymes, preservatives and other specialty ingredients.
Specialty chemicals, petrochemicals, personal care ingredients, bioactive and oleochemicals.
- Material Informatics Transforming Material R&D
- Growth Opportunities for Superalloys
- Emerging Opportunities for Smart Materials- part 1
- Emerging Opportunities for Smart Materials- part 2
- Technology Breakthroughs in Encapsulation
- Advances in Biorefinery technologies for production of chemical intermediates
- Technology Advancements in Actives for Personal Care
- Technology Advancements in functional ingredients for Personal Care
- What’s next in Nanocoatings? R&D analysis
- Application Assessment of Ceramic nanofibers
- Technology advances in WBA resins
- Material Advances for Emerging Battery Technologies
- Technology Opportunities for Cannabinoids
- Circular Economy Trends Generating Growth Opportunities for Materials
- Growth Opportunities in Fermented Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Material Technologies facilitating targeted drug delivery
- Technology Breakthroughs Enabling Hydrogen Generation and Separation
Key Questions of Clients
Whom should I partner with?
What is the National Roadmap and what are the best practices adopted by other countries?
What are the R&D areas I should focus on?
What is the opportunity for the technology in 5 to 10 years?
What are the attractive markets for my technology?
What are the technologies I should invest in?
Who are my competitors and what are they doing unique?
Which region should I gain entry?
- Assessment of R&D portfolio
- R&D management
- IP Consulting
- Technology investment Opportunities
- Evaluation of funding initiatives
- Merger and acquisition opportunities
- Identification of strategic alliance partners
- Technology Roadmap
- Market Opportunity analysis
- Competitive intelligence
- Evaluation of nation innovation indicators and country’s best practices
- Technology and patent valuation
- Business model innovation
The TechVision group offers a suite of strategic services ranging from a continuous flow of forward-looking intelligence on emerging technologies and new age innovations, interactivity with technology and industry experts, bespoke strategy consulting on technology investments, roadmaps, IP landscapes, and executive workshops for innovation and R&D leadership teams. These services empower its users with ideas and strategies to leverage disruptive technologies and innovations to drive transformational growth of their organizations.