Frost & Sullivan’s Digital Media group is one of the best recognized and well established consulting practices in the world. The team has been working closely with vendors, channel partners, standards bodies, and end-user groups for close to 20 years.
Frost & Sullivan defines a digital asset as any piece of digital information that has an implicit or explicit business value associated with it. Our coverage spans the entire ecosystem from content creation all the way to consumption not just for media & entertainment markets but also the rapidly transforming digital enterprise.
ENTERPRISE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
BROADCAST, PAY TV AND POST PRODUCTION
Digital Content Explosion and Convergence are Driving Industry Growth
Frost & Sullivan was founded on the simple premise that research should enable decision-makers to use marketing information in more innovative and meaningful ways. With this objective in mind, the company developed a comprehensive range of research services and state-of-the-art analytical tools. Frost & Sullivan has continued to grow, adapt, and innovate to meet the challenges and opportunities of today’s ever-changing business world.
The Frost & Sullivan digital media coverage provides clients with coverage of the following end-user markets as applicable and not limited to:
- Media & Entertainment: Broadcast, Digital Terrestrial Transmission, Cable, IPTV, DBS, Mobile, Post Production, Over The Top Broadband, Publishing, Advertising
- Enterprise: Retail, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Information and Communication Technology, Government, Education
We help our clients understand the implications of digital media trends to their current product / service portfolio and the changing business imperatives driven by the digital agenda. We have worked extensively with key stakeholders throughout the digital media value chain – vendors, system integrators, value added resellers, key end-user organizations, and industry thought leaders – and helped them to evaluate diverse elements such as mobile, cloud, social, analytics, and advertising.
We do this through tailored and customized consulting work and strategy workshops. Projects typically involve several phases – discovery, inform, evaluate, analyze, develop and implement a business plan and growth strategy. We use our research and industry experience coupled with well-defined tools and techniques, tailored and developed by Frost & Sullivan, to manage and deliver these projects. We specialize in running growth workshops with our clients, which help us take a client’s cross-functional team from information to strategy implementation.
Frost & Sullivan’s Digital Media team can support your organization in each of the following areas:
- New product and services solutions: We can support you in developing and launching new digital media products and services.
- Business model: Detailed advice on the creation of viable business models – for both Enterprises and Media & Entertainment clients – towards products/services that range from content creation and management to delivery.
- Innovation & technology: Support vendors and media companies in understanding the potential of new technology to enhance their existing business or its disruptive capabilities.
- Customer analysis: “Voice of customer” assignments focusing on attitudes towards specific digital media implementation scenarios in both the Enterprise and Media contexts.
- Branding & positioning: Support through an integrated marketing platform to launch your digital media products and services and associated branding initiatives.
- Statistical analysis & forecasting: We have a solid track record in forecasting future market potential and uptake rate analysis for a range of digital media products and services.
Advisory services projects include:
- Helped a leading Global Advertising Agency assess the viability of making an investment in the online video analytics and measurement market
- Performed a country-wide analysis and market entry strategy on the retail vertical for a leading provider of semiconductors and computing solutions
- Developed the ideal VOD portfolio and pricing strategy for a major Telco and IPTV services provider in the US
- Supported a major TV manufacturer by guiding them with their geographic expansion ambitions in the European digital signage market
- Helped one of the largest Advertising Agencies in the world on a build/buy/partner strategy for Online Video Analytics
- Developed benchmarking analysis to help a major broadcast equipment manufacturer to make an acquisition decision in the Online Video Platform space
Frost & Sullivan’s Digital Media Team can deliver a bespoke workshop to your organization to highlight the emerging trends and identify the impact they will have on your company. Digital media is transforming many industries.
The workshop can be flexible around your needs – we can attend your strategy day or workshop as an external expert keynote speaker. Or we can provide comprehensive facilitation of a workshop to ensure your delegates are fully engaged in strategy development. We have expertise in Enterprise Digital Media & Big Data, Post Production, Broadcast & Pay TV, Digital Marketing, TV Everywhere and OTT Streaming. We have analyzed mega trends that impact this industry to help your team discover opportunities that meed the unique needs of the various departments. Tapping into our experience in strategy development, planning and implementation will allow you to gain a competitive advantage.
The third party credibility is always important. Frost & Sullivan does a good job at providing the number of qualified leads that they promise, and their appointment setting service is great
–Manager, Fortune 500 Telecommunications Services Company
I was able to hear innovative ways to implement new technologies and understand the real issues associated with their adoption. I could network with senior business leaders who shared the same issues and challenges and I could speak candidly with key suppliers to determine if their products were a good fit for us to meet our business challenges.
–CIO, Fortune 500 Automotive & Transport Company
GIL 2015: Silicon Valley was the most insightful event I have attended within the last 10 years.
–Fabian Weber, VP Innovation and Business Development, Northwire, Inc
Meet Our Team
Engage with our industry experts and learn more about our process of identification, evaluation, go to market strategic planning and implementation emphasis on managing the transformation journey that lies ahead.
Mukul Krishna is a management consulting and analysis professional specializing in technology markets with a focus on digital media. Specialties: Return on Investment for emerging technologies, Cost benefit analysis over legacy systems, Market entry and growth strategies, Industry forecasting and analysis, Mergers & Acquisitions, Business/Competitive Intelligence, Gap Analysis.
Mr. Krishna is responsible for the digital media practice at Frost and Sullivan. He is recognized as an expert and thought leader in the digital media industry and a trusted advisor to C-Level executives with deep domain knowledge and functional skill sets to tackle complex business challenges. He has analyzed, consulted, written, managed projects and presented extensively on the entire digital media ecosystem spanning content creation, management and delivery to analytics and content monetization for both enterprise and media & entertainment markets. Mr. Krishna has over 20 years of management consulting and industry expertise, which include engaging executive teams within the information and communication technologies industry to design, manage and execute on growth strategies.
Financial Express: Digital Transformation is not an IT Project but a Business Imperativ
Dan Rayburn is considered to be one of the foremost authorities, speakers, and writers on streaming media technology and online video business models. An avid blogger, author and analyst, is often referred to as the “voice of the industry” and has been quoted in more than a thousand news items by nearly every major media outlet over the past twenty years. Blog (streamingmediablog.com) is one of the most widely read sites for broadcasters, content owners, Wall Street money managers and industry executives in the online video sector.
Articles have been published by the WSJ, NYT, CNN, Huff Post, Fortune, Business Insider, Gizmodo and has been interviewed on Bloomberg, FOX Business, CNN, CBS, CNBC, and NPR amongst others. Due to expertise in the content delivery market, has also received invitations to speak as a witness at hearings by both the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives on topics pertaining to net neutrality, telecom mergers and content delivery architectures. A sought-after expert in patent cases involving video technologies and due to military background is a technical advisor to various DoD agencies. Has presented at more than a hundred conferences and has authored/co-authored eight streaming media related books. Founded one of the industry’s first live webcasting production companies, sold to telecom provider for $70M in the dot com era.
Interview CNBC: Apple will sell more iPhone X models than Iphone 8 line
Interview CNBC: Roku’s ultimate
Experienced in public relations strategies, event planning, content writing, video production, and broadcast performance. Particular expertise in:
- Digital marketing tactics
- Digital media technologies
- 2 years Digital Transformation industry research (primary and secondary)
- Public Speaking
Domain experience in Media & Entertainment markets. Key areas include Non-linear Editing Software, Transcoding and Encoding for Broadcast and Enterprise, Video Managed Services, B2B eCommerce Platforms.
What I bring to the Team
- Strong people skills
- Creative approach to problems
- Ability to understand client requirements and deliver optimum solutions
- High-level research, writing, and presentation skills
- Exceptional writing skills in smaller and larger formats
- Eye for detail
- Helped key Frost & Sullivan clients across enterprise and M&E markets with product roadmap and strategy development.
- Generated significant revenue for Frost & Sullivan through Best Practices deliverables
- Before Frost & Sullivan, content planning experience in communication objectives and large event planning with external and internal marketing tactics.
-National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania)
-WGTY (Gettysburg, Pennsylvania)
-York College of Pennsylvania, Public Relations Director (York, Pennsylvania)
B.A. in Mass Communications and Public Relations from York College of Pennsylvania in York, Pennsylvania
10+ years of research and strategic growth consulting experience including North American and global client engagements. Particular expertise in:
- Analyzing emerging trends, technologies and market dynamics in the digital media space
- Market research methodologies, forecasting models and statistical analysis
- Competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Business planning and growth strategy formulation
Broad experience in the Digital Media industry, with focus on core technologies and markets including:
- Online Video Advertising & Dynamic Ad Insertion
- Embedded Computing Systems
- Digital Signage and Interactive Kiosks
- Retail In-Store Technologies including POS Systems, EFT Terminals, Self-Checkout, ATMs etc.
- Consumer Electronics Devices
What I Bring to the Team
- Technical expertise and in-depth understanding of the Digital Media space
- Ability to understand client requirements and deliver optimum solutions
- Expert-level research, writing, and presentation skills
- Strategic project management and leadership
- Industry Analyst with Frost & Sullivan’s Digital Media practice since 2008
- Worked directly with several leading firms, including: Intel, IBM, Cisco, Sony, Microsoft, Motorola, Oracle, Samsung, LG, and others.
- Interviewed by and quoted in leading industry publications and portals like The Wall Street Journal, Self Service World, ATM Marketplace, Investor’s Business Daily, Card Technology, Forbes, etc.
- B.E( Hons.) in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from the Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences.
- Over 5 year of experience in marketing, research and strategic growth consulting across Europe, North America & Asia Pacfic, which includes:
- – Analysing growth opportunities in the IoT in Education market
– Business Planning and growth strategy formulation in the Continuing Education market in India
– Competitive analysis of the Big Data Analytics market
– Strategic consulting across several digital media markets
- Diverse digital transformation expertise across the Education, Big Data Analytics, OTT, Broadcasting, Fashion, Healthcare, Real Estate and Advertising Industries.
What I bring to the Team.
- Expertise in presenting market research and strategy to a global C-level audience.
- Ability to place my self in the client’s shoes and develop creative, out of the box solutions.
- Project management skills – managing cross functional and cross disciplinary teams.
- A holistic market view owing to my global educational background in Economics, Business Management, Marketing and Communications.
- Received the BearingPoint Compass Award for exceeding client expectations on a change management project.
- Presented a content management strategy to 200 C level professionals & received a 98% client satisfaction rating.
- Member of Beta Gamma Sigma Honorary society.
- MBA, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Glendale, USA
- BSC in Marketing & Communications, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA
- Diploma in Economics, London School of Economics, London, UK
- Over 10 years consulting experience, including competitive analysis, drivers and restraints, market forecasts, new market opportunities, on-site workshops, and strategic recommendations in dozens of client engagements with particular expertise in:
- -Advanced electro-mechanical systems, including computer-aided design and engineering information management
- -Automotive infotainment/navigation/telematics applications and operating systems, including vehicle development
- -Best practices in the digital media industry for retaining Pay TV customers and minimizing churn, selecting encoders and middleware, and evaluating over the top streaming services, including monitoring & compliance solutions
- -Functional decomposition and alternatives analysis for designing and integrating features into products and services.
- -Market and trend analysis of smartphones, tablets, computers, media streaming devices, and video game systems
- Over 15 years prior industry experience in product, software, and web development. Experience covers a broad range of technology markets, including digital media workflows, smartphones, tablets, pay TV encoders, streaming services, video on demand, monitoring & compliance solutions, and video production hardware. Industry experience includes:
- -Design Engineering, Product Marketing, and Product Planning
-Digital and Physical Prototyping, including 3D Printing, for Vehicle Design
-Developing custom computer-aided design software, including custom database
-Designing dozens of client websites, including digital asset management and web hosting
What I bring to the Team
- Engineering and product design background with real world knowledge of electro-mechanical and software development
- First-hand experience in small business website development and digital asset management
- Technical insights into emerging industry trends, hardware, software, and web-based
- Early adopter of digital media, hardware, software, and web-based technologies
- Consulting for dozens of Fortune 500 companies to help make them make business and product decisions
- Developing a computer aided design process for virtual prototyping and design reviews, saving tens of millions of dollars
- Receiving IBM Invention Disclosure for the design of a printed circuit board testing mechanism
- BS Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
16 years’ of line-of-business operations experience. Particular expertise in:
- -Developing and implementing business strategy
-New product launch and geographic expansion
-Team and project management/leadership
-Business services operations
Significant analytical experience in the telecommunications and digital media industries, spanning areas including:
- -ICT in vertical markets
-Telecoms, UC industry dynamics
-The digital entertainment ecosystem: from device to content delivery
What I Bring to the Team
- -Strong analytical and project management skills
-Team and project management
-Telecom business services experience
- -Experience working for the following leading research firms:
-Canalys (Senior Analyst, Digital Content Analysis)
-Datamonitor (Senior Analyst, Media & Broadcast Technology)
BSc in Geography & Statistics from Exeter University
Swetha Ramachandran Krishnamoorthi
Stay up-to-date and subscribe to our monthly ICT Newsletter!
Knowledge Partners &
Brazilian Telcos Upgrade their B2B and B2C Offerings to Become One-stop ICT and Digital Solution Providers
Frost & Sullivan’s recent analysis, Brazil’s Total Telecommunications Services Market and the Impact of Mega Trends, Forecast to 2023, examines market trends relating to technology and consumer demands in the residential, SMB, and corporate end-user segments. It identifies the telecommunications services that present the highest growth opportunities from 2017 to 2023 and studies revenue distribution in the regions covered by Anatel. It analyzes the service segments of fixed telephony, mobile telephony, fixed broadband, data communications, and Pay TV.read more
Mambu Earns Acclaim from Frost & Sullivan for Accelerating Customers’ Time-to-market with its Cloud-based Core Banking Platform
LONDON, U.K. — August 13, 2019 — Based on its recent analysis of the global banking platform market, Frost & Sullivan recognises Mambu -with the 2019 Global Customer Value Leadership Award for enhancing client capabilities through its banking platform. The platform supports banks through their changing requirements with a mix of relevant products and services that are aligned to market demand. The platform has now evolved to include new use cases and customers that first partnered with Mambu for banking and lending, are now using the platform for trade finance and mortgages.read more