Medical Devices and Imaging
TechVision’s Medical Device and Imaging (MDI) technology cluster profiles technology innovations, tracks emerging trends and practices across the many segments within the MedTech market. Specifically, the MDI group captures technological advances associated with medical devices, clinical diagnostics, medical imaging, patient monitoring, surgical techniques and health information technology..
What sets the MDI group apart from other innovation profilers
The analysis is founded on strong primary research, during which the analysts directly interact with innovators and executives. This interaction helps MDI keep abreast of market developments, trends, and opportunities, and proves to be invaluable while providing clients with the right mix of technical and strategic intelligence.
While the industry interaction certainly includes the Tier 1 companies and the Movers and Shakers of the healthcare market, MDI also digs deep and take notice of pre-commercialization technologies. Conversations with academia laboratories and research organizations give MDI the vantage of looking at what the industry can be, rather than merely what it is.
Given the interdisciplinary and collaborative nature of the healthcare industry, MDI’s technology radar is attuned to picking up innovations in medical device technologies, as well as innovations in enabling platforms such as biosensors, biomaterials, micro- and nanotechnologies, wireless communications, analytics tools and so on.
Medical Devices and Imaging has undertaken several customized research and advisory engagements for MedTech companies, technology developers, research institutes and various other stakeholders. The MDI cluster works closely with analysts and consultants from adjacent technology groups to provide clients with comprehensive advisory services.
Key Questions of Clients
Whom should I partner with?
What is the National Roadmap and what are the best practices adopted by other countries?
What are the R&D areas I should focus on?
What is the opportunity for the technology in 5 to 10 years?
What are the attractive markets for my technology?
What are the technologies I should invest in?
Who are my competitors and what are they doing unique?
Which region should I gain entry?
- Assessment of R&D portfolio
- R&D management
- IP Consulting
- Technology investment Opportunities
- Evaluation of funding initiatives
- Merger and acquisition opportunities
- Identification of strategic alliance partners
- Technology Roadmap
- Market Opportunity analysis
- Competitive intelligence
- Evaluation of nation innovation indicators and country’s best practices
- Technology and patent valuation
- Business model innovation
Key Research Focus Areas
Technology & Market for Wound Healing and Bone Healing
The Client: Entrepreneurial Funding Organization in Europe
The Challenge: The client, an investor in early-stage companies, wanted to identify non-invasive and minimally invasive technologies for the healing of cutaneous wounds and bone healing.
The client wanted to gather intelligence to identify technologies and companies worthy of receiving funding.
Our Approach and Work
- We assisted the company by carrying out an in-depth analysis of the wound healing and bone healing space taking into consideration the market overview, emerging technologies, and the competitive landscape.
- We also carried out a risk assessment for each of these technologies to determine the potential investment option.
Outcome and Business Impact
Our strategic analysis and recommendations helped the client to understand and evaluate significant differences between the emerging technologies and identify those technologies which are highly innovative and disruptive.
The primary objective was to focus on identifying and analyzing emerging technologies which are highly innovative & have significant market potential.
Determine budding companies in Europe that have noteworthy technologies.
Market Opportunity Analysis of 3D Autofocus Systems in Super-Resolution Microscopes
The Client: An Organization Facilitating Technology Transfer and Commercialization
The Challenge: A client, a research organization, had developed an innovative 3D autofocus system for microscopy and was interested in understanding the opportunities for the technology in Germany. Frost & Sullivan was asked to conduct the study on opportunities for 3D autofocus system for the German Market
Our Approach and Work
- Primary Research: Interviews with market leaders and technology developers to gain an understanding of market dynamics, emerging trends, and applications, and gather market competition capabilities directly from the market participants.
- Literature Review/Desk Research: Involved assessment of potential applications for 3D Autofocus system for microscopy, growth drivers, industry challenges, demand assessment, competitive environment, and opportunity analysis.
- Decision Support Tool: The market attractiveness for 3D autofocus systems in Germany was assessed using a custom-developed market opportunity v/s competency matrix. The rating scale was applied, supplemented by a multi-criteria decision-making tool (analytics hierarchy process (AHP) for calculating criteria weight.
Outcome and Business Impact
- Identified specific applications and market opportunities for 3D autofocus system in Germany.
- Recommended strategies to capitalize on market opportunities, such as partnerships and innovation ideas
- Business Impact:
- The outcome was leverage for formulating commercialization strategies.
Assessment of applications and opportunities for 3D autofocus systems in Germany under four markets considered for assessment.
- Technologies with High Funding: Impact Assessment and Growth Opportunities
- Robotic Exoskeletons: Roadmapping and Impact Analysis
- Digital Pathology: Roadmap to the Future of Medical Diagnosis
- Incisionless Surgeries: Envisioning The Future of Surgical Technology
- Disruptive Innovations Redesigning Orthopedic Devices and Procedures
- Technology Breakthroughs in Zero-Friction Coatings
- Digital Innovations Creating an Immersive Environment for Health Monitoring
- Technology Innovations Enabling Precision Robotic Surgery
- 3D Printing Revolutionizing Medical Device Manufacturing
- Artificial Intelligence- led Disruptions Powering the Future of Media
- Reimagining Healthcare Delivery: Impact of Gamification and Patient Engagement
- Innovations in Pain Management: A Technology Blueprint to Counter Opiod Addiction
- Organ-on-a-chip Innovations Fueling Drug Screening Applications
- Internet of Medical Things Enabling Hospitals of the Future
- Technology Impact Assessment of Micro Energy Harvesting
- Technologies Enabling Nuclear Medicine Imaging
- Breakthrough Innovations in PoC Diagnostics for Smart Healthcare
- 2018 Top Technologies in Medical Devices & Imaging
- Healthcare Innovations in Emerging Economies
- Emerging Sensor Technologies Transforming Medical Diagnostics
- Breakthrough Medical Device Technologies for Non-Invasive, Drug Free Pain Management
- Technology Innovations and Emerging Applications of Integrated Digital Microscopy
- Future of Therapy: Technology Advances in Drug-device Combination Products
- Pipeline Analysis of Phase III Medical Devices: The Potential Game Changers
- Medical Devices in 2025: An AI Impact Analysis
- Frugal Medical Devices Innovations in Emerging Economies Democratizing Healthcare
- Advanced Non-contact Patient Monitoring Technologies: A New Paradigm in Healthcare Monitoring
- Emerging Medical Technology Innovations Transforming Mental Health Care
- Analysis of Investments Fueling Medical Device Innovations
- The Next Generation Advancements in Hybrid Imaging System
- Next Generation Robotic Technologies for Minimally Invasive Surgical Applications
- Technology Developments in Smart Ophthalmic Diagnostic and Monitoring Devices
- Technology Breakthroughs in Oral Care – Digital tools Enabling oral Care marke
The TechVision group offers a suite of strategic services ranging from a continuous flow of forward-looking intelligence on emerging technologies and new age innovations, interactivity with technology and industry experts, bespoke strategy consulting on technology investments, roadmaps, IP landscapes, and executive workshops for innovation and R&D leadership teams. These services empower its users with ideas and strategies to leverage disruptive technologies and innovations to drive transformational growth of their organizations.