The Mobile & Wireless Communications market is characterized by rapidly changing technology, evolving customer demands, and the frequent introduction of new products and services. With the deployment of Next Generation network technologies, today's service providers are in search of applications that can take advantage of increased data speeds and bandwidth to provide compelling services to users. How will your business address the new era of mobility needs?
Next Generation Trends
Traditional Capacity Expansion is Insufficient - Mobile data traffic will continue to grow exponentially. Wireless offloads strategies will continue to play a critical role even after migration to LTE. Operators will look to WIFI and small cell as a cost-effective solution to manage rapid data growth. Mobile payments will outpace credit card transactions and boost peer-to-peer transactions. Using mobile phones for credit card purchases will become the norm.
The wireless industry is maturing, now surpassing 100 percent penetration in many countries. The trend is a saturated market with the forces of consolidation and pricing pressures intensifying. Margins have already been shrinking at a faster rate than any other time in the wireless industry. The pie simply is not growing as rapidly as it once was - it’s now a game of share-shifting. .What can carriers do to offset this market dynamic? Service innovation is the key. The ability to introduce differentiated value added services to enhance ARPU, attract customers from competitors, and reduce churn will be critical for any wireless carrier’s long term success.
A Surge in Innovative Applications verticals such as Healthcare (e.g. mHealth), Government (e.g. Next Generation 911), Transportation, Financial Services, Education, and Retail have been sparked by advances in next generation networks and ubiquitous connectivity.
Local Presence ‘Feet on the Street’ & Global Footprint
- Frost & Sullivan’s close interaction and ongoing local mobile and wireless coverage will be key to this engagement.
- Synergies gained from existing relationships with international wireless carriers, OEMs, mobile application providers, and infrastructure vendors will allow for collaborative working efficiencies.
- With 1,800 analysts in 40 global offices, Frost & Sullivan ensures that our clients receive global coverage and perspective based on regional expertise.
Long-Standing Relationship with Key Mobile Stakeholders
- Frost & Sullivan has a history of successfully working with international wireless carriers and key mobile market participants on syndicated and custom research initiatives often involving best practices in wireless service and product innovation.
- Frost & Sullivan maintains longstanding relationships across the mobile and wireless value chain including carriers, device manufacturers, application providers, integrators, end-users, and industry experts.
- We understand the directions being taken by wireless industry leaders and bring this perspective to support consulting engagements.
Market Credibility and Visibility
- Frost & Sullivan regularly consults vendors, channel partners and end-users on product and market strategies to aid in accomplishing growth objectives.
- Our global analysts routinely address growth opportunities as speakers and panel moderators at leading industry events.
Frost & Sullivan's expertise in Mobile & Wireless research and consulting includes work in the following strategic and operational areas.
Meet the Team
Senior Industry Analyst
Telecom Industry Manager
- Regional Mobile Outlooks (NA, CALA, EU, APAC)
- Mobile Wallet & Payments
- Smartphones and Mobile OS
- Mobile Advertising Insight
- Global Android Insight
- Mobile Application Storefronts
- Next Generation Tablets
- LTE & Mobile Data Consumption Trends
- Mobile Support & Protection Services
- Mobile Enterprise Apps Outlook
- Mobile Office (Email/PIM) Solutions
- Mobile Sales Force Automation (SFA)
- Mobile Workforce Management (MWM)
- Mobile Field Asset Management
- Enterprise Mobile Platform Solutions
- Emerging Mobile Vertical Trends
- M2M Market Trends and Analysis
- Next Generation E911 (NG911)
Let us help you grow your revenues through a better understanding of the mobile and wireless space. Contact Brent Iadarola email@example.com
Frost & Sullivan was founded on the simple premise that research should enable decision-makers to use marketing information in more innovative and meaningful ways. With this objective in mind, the company developed a comprehensive range of research services and state-of-the-art analytical tools. Frost & Sullivan has continued to grow, adapt, and innovate to meet the challenges and opportunities of today's ever-changing business world.
For more information, please select a service below:
The North American mobile workforce management (MWM) market continues to demonstrate impressive growth, bringing the benefits of real-time communications and guidance to field workers and their management teams. This sector is leveraging new technologies, selective acquisitions and alliances, and…
IoT is already having a major impact on businesses, governments, and consumers. Advancements in connectivity will increasingly enable solutions to integrate with enterprise management solutions and help businesses improve efficiency and increase productivity. To survive in this rapidly changing…
This research is aimed at identifying the key areas of IT spend within the retail sector in South Africa to highlight the key areas of opportunities for IT service providers. It seeks to: provide an overview of South Africa s macroeconomic environment and its impact on the retail sector offer…
Smartphones run complete operating system software that provides a standardized interface and platform for application developers. Chinese manufacturers are rapidly evolving to provide competitive alternatives to the traditional powerhouse companies such as Apple and Samsung. As wearables and the…
The Latin American telecommunications market is experiencing increasing concentration as telcos struggle with dwindling revenues from traditional services and face the challenge of developing new business models and services that will add value for customers and enterprises from different…
This Frost & Sullivan market insight presents an analysis of the key trends in the US digital payments market. It highlights the key technologies, market developments, and strategic initiatives of the leading industry participants that are driving in the era of next-generation digital payments…
As one of the least connected regions in the world, Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) continued growth in the number of mobile towers is expected. This growth is likely to be driven by third-party tower companies (towercos). The towercos are offering a range of tower outsourcing solutions, which ranges the…
The attached tracker presents mobile communication metrics for tier-I mobile operators in the United States and Canadian mobile communications market. The report also supplies statistics on mobile subscribers, connected devices, smartphone penetration, equipment revenue, and service and data…
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is one of the largest potential markets in the MENA region for ICT products and services. The ICT market in KSA is still in the growth stage. With hardware infrastructure in place, the next wave of growth will be in IT services, software, and digital media. KSA has…
This research service examines the application of the main information and communication technologies trends (e.g., Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, and cloud) in the agricultural industry. By mapping the elements of the IoT ecosystem, the research provides a systematic view of the…
Benefits to Clients
We help our clients understand the implications of mobile and wireless trends and develop and implement growth opportunities. We have worked with key players along the mobile and wireless value chain including carriers, device manufacturers, application providers, integrators, and new technology pioneers to help them evaluate and pioneer new product and service solutions using disruptive business models.
We do this through tailored and customized strategic consulting engagements. Projects typically involve several phases from discovery, evaluation/analysis, development, and implementation of business plans and growth strategies. We leverage our in-house research and industry experience coupled with well-defined tools and techniques, tailored and developed by Frost & Sullivan, to manage and deliver these projects.
Frost & Sullivan's Mobile & Wireless team can support your organization on each of the following areas.
- New product and services solutions: We can support you develop new mobility products and services.
- Business Model: Detailed advice on or creation of mobile business models under various scenarios, for leading stakeholders and associations
- Innovation & Technology: Support wireless carriers to OEMs on potential of new technology to improve operations.
- Customer Analysis: "Voice of customer" assignments focusing on attitudes towards mobile and wireless trends.
- Branding & Positioning: Support through an integrated marketing platform to launch new mobile and wireless services and create a brand that is affiliated with mobility
- Statistical Analysis & Forecasting: regional mobile trackers to forecast future market potential and uptake rate analysis
- Advisory services to strategically advise on mobile and wireless initiatives and growth opportunities.
Any questions? Please email us and we'll respond within 48 hours firstname.lastname@example.org
Frost & Sullivan's Mobile & Wireless Team can deliver a bespoke workshop to your organization to highlight the emerging trends and identify the impact they will have on your company. There is tremendous technology change in mobile and wireless, ranging from bandwidth to devices to applications.
The workshop can be flexible around your needs - we can attend your strategy day or workshop as an external expert keynote speaker. Or we can provide comprehensive facilitation of a workshop to ensure your delegates are fully engaged in strategy development. We not only have expertise in mobile device, mobile services, and mobile infrastructure opportunities as related to the unique needs of the departments attending the growth workshop, we have analyzed megatrends that impact this industry, including Internet of Things and M2M, Automation, Robotics, and Virtual Reality. We have experience in strategy development, planning and implementation.
It is a good mix of strategists, operating managers and thought leaders.
Hari Ganesan, Vice President, Tech Mahindra, Large Telecommunications Services Company
Great event and the time spent was one of my best investments.
Mark Baker, CIO, JAS
Frost & Sullivan went the extra mile in satisfying all of our requirements and the research results were embraced [by our leadership] as well as the rest of the company."
Leading T1 APAC Mobile Operator
During this past year, we have been impressed with [Frost & Sullivan's] analysis, infinite curiosity and continuous drive to pursue and obtain information from sources throughout the entire telecom chain from supplier to vendor to carrier to consumer.
Senior Manager, Strategic Market Research - Global Telecom Equipment Vendor
You've impressed us with your flexibility and adaptability. There aren't too many companies that ask us consistently for feedback. There are even fewer to whom we'd provide constant feedback.
Leading NA Telecom Service Provider