Enhancing the Business Education Experience and Value of Graduating Students
Universities and business schools face numerous challenges to maintain their competitive advantage, given dynamic economic and business conditions. Many educational institutions struggle with budget cuts, new revenue source identification, maintenance and procurement of high quality students, and successful student-to-career services departments.
It is a fact that the state of education is evolving at a rapid pace, with the influx of new technologies, new revenue models, medium of instruction and the adoption of information technology, all of which require universities to have a clear plan to adapt to, and harness, the opportunities these changes bring, while mitigating the disruption change often brings to the table.
Uncertainty and disruption are hallmarks of today’s global dynamic economy, making it increasingly difficult for business school graduates to adequately prepare for and obtain meaningful positions in the corporate world. Graduates must not only demonstrate competence and business acumen to convince employers of their value, but they must also convey a nuanced understanding and ability to respond to current and future business challenges and opportunities. As Cambridge University Chancellor, Alison Richard, once said, “Universities play a key role in giving students the skills that make them suitable for the workforce.”
We are a global research and consulting organization uniquely positioned to identify growth opportunities and empower our clients to create visionary growth strategies.
With a presence in more than 30 countries and coverage from 1,800 industry experts, the University Partnership offers access to the latest research to support education, economic development, and technology commercialization. We track 10 major market sectors and publish close to 2,000 research studies annually.
Who should use market & technology research at a university?
- Business Librarians – To produce high quality research and projects, student and faculty users need regular access to relevant and accurate information. Research subscriptions can provide a wide selection of current data across various industry sectors, geographies and technologies. We expose users to new business models, best practices and Mega Trends. Librarians can effectively support patrons on complex reference questions with access to a subscription.
- Business & Engineering School Faculty – University faculty strive to prepare their students for a career in a challenging economy. Real-time industry research offers a great platform for faculty to expose students to market scenarios while still at school. It also supports the faculty’s own research efforts and enhances classroom materials.
- Office of Research & Technology Commercialization – Technology offices, small business development and entrepreneurship centers are the backbones of a university’s economic development. These groups protect and license technological innovations. We understand these groups need the same research as private sector companies to compete on a level platform. Information such as market share, drivers, challenges, competing patents and regulatory affairs are critical for successful startup companies and licensing.
- University administrators and policymakers – Market research provide important information for strategic, long-term decision-making like identifying and targeting the future student community. Also, research supports designing of educational programs, degrees and skills that ensure student success in the marketplace. Similar to corporates, universities are also facing disruptions and challenges to their business models. Creating an environment that promotes entrepreneurship and innovation helps attract high quality students and faculty.
Frost & Sullivan’s University Partnership Program enhances your methods of preparing students for today’s complex and competitive business climate. It provides you with disciplined research and functional best practices that enhance the curriculum; the University is already providing its students.
Our unique 360-degree research methodology, global industry coverage—with particular emphasis on emerging markets, disruptive technologies and impactful mega trends, and best practice case studies can help universities:
- stimulate and inspire students
- provide well-rounded perspectives on potential growth strategies
- understand and apply global best practices
- overcome lag between business and academic world by providing up-to-date, real-world business information
Frost & Sullivan employs more than 1,800 analysts, strategists, and consultants globally and maintains a presence on more than 80 countries. Through the University Partnership Program, we share these resources with your faculty and students, and they will share your commitment to enhancing your curriculum and preparing your students to enter a highly competitive business environment.
Frost & Sullivan’s University Partnership program is a highly interactive partnership with your university, allowing professors and students to discuss, share, contribute and collaborate with Frost & Sullivan research staff.
Frost & Sullivan’s University Partnership Program is a one-stop solution that grants partners access to:
- Real-time industry research and direct access to research experts
- Continuous business best practices exhibited by profiled current leading companies
- Timely and relevant case studies, business plans and projects
- Unique Visionary Innovation Group research, perspectives and analysis of megatrends, emerging disruptive economic and technological trends
Our University Partnership program helps universities and business schools:
Prepare industry-ready students for “the real world” in terms of
- marketplace familiarity and the ability to convert theoretical knowledge into implementable strategies
- achieving post-graduate success by providing sophisticated, comprehensive perspectives on potential growth strategies
Such preparation helps strengthen the university’s overall visibility and ranking, improving future enrollments, while also promoting student entrepreneurship and an innovation culture. In addition, this program can help shorten time-to-press for faculty publications, promote more industry-academic interaction and cooperation and accelerate and resist revenue-generating commercialization of technologies.
Technology Commercialization Partnership
The current economic scenario like most inflection points in global history, brings with it challenges and opportunities. We find ourselves at a juncture where the future course of progress for research institutions and organizations will depend on their response to these evolutionary pressures.
A growing constraint on resources, worsening climate change, increasing healthcare costs, dependence on fossil fuels and a surge in global public health disasters, collectively present the most daunting challenge of the century. The solutions to such a wide array of challenges can result from concerted effort to further innovation at global centers such as universities, government research labs, corporate R&D centers and others institutions dedicated to technology development.
Frost & Sullivan is a global research and consulting organization uniquely positioned to identify growth opportunities and empower our clients to create visionary growth strategies. With a presence in more than 30 countries and coverage from 1,800 industry experts, our partnership offers access to the latest research to support education, economic development, and technology commercialization. We track more than 10 major market sectors and publish close to 2,000 research studies annually.
Office of Research & Technology Commercialization – Technology offices, small business development, and entrepreneurship centers are the backbones of a university’s economic development. These groups protect and license technological innovations. We understand these groups need the same research as private sector companies to compete on a level platform. Information such as market share, industry drivers & challenges, competing patents and regulatory affairs are critical for successful startup companies and licensing.
Our unique 360-degree research methodology offers global industry coverage with particular emphasis on emerging markets, disruptive technologies, impactful mega trends and best practice case studies. We offer a highly interactive relationship with our research teams.
Our industry and technology analysts regularly collect deep-dive intelligence on several emerging and disruptive technologies and innovations from around the globe. Interviews are conducted every day with innovators, technology developers, funders, and others who are a part of various technology ecosystems. The respondents are spread across public and private sectors, universities, research institutions, and government R&D agencies.
Each technology is rated and compared across several parameters, such as global R&D foot print, year of impact, global IP patenting activity, private and public funding, current and emerging applications, potential adoption rate, market potential, and so on. This organic and continuous research effort spread across several technologies, regions, organizations, applications, and industries is used to generate an annual list of Top 50 technologies that have the maximum potential to spawn innovative products, services, and business models.
Frost & Sullivan’s research partnership is a highly interactive partnership with your team allowing your staff to identify the best technologies that will have a lasting impact on the market.
The Partnership offers to your team:
- Access to real-time global research on industry, markets & emerging economies
- Evolving megatrends and new business models that shape the future of the industry
- Information on emerging technologies, R&D breakthrough, academic and corporate research
- Best practice research and technology awards
- Interactivity with our research experts
Intellectual Property consulting services:
Our TechVision group offers a suite of strategic services ranging from a continuous flow of forward-looking intelligence on emerging technologies and new age innovations, interactivity with technology and industry experts, bespoke strategy consulting on technology investments, roadmaps, IP landscapes, and executive workshops for innovation and R&D leadership teams. These services empower its users with ideas and strategies to leverage disruptive technologies and innovations to drive transformational growth of their organizations. We offer highly customized intellectual property consulting services.
Some of our highly recognized services include:
- Prior art search
- Patent landscape analysis
- Commercialization due diligence
- IP valuation
- Portfolio analysis
- Competitive bench-marking
- Potential licensee identification
We believe your team is highly experienced in their respective fields. However, with the rapid market and technology changes we see today, your team must be prepared with the latest and accurate information. Our research partnership is an ideal resource for your innovation managers.
Our services help clients with the following:
- Identify new market applications and potential
- Assist with analysis of the technology’s commercial viability
- Evaluate and choose leading company participants across major industries
- Identify emerging competition technologies
- Identify current IP holders
- Create a commercialization strategy
- Identify and evaluate licensing partners
- Technology valuation
BFS connects research, analysis and foresight to understand the critical factors shaping the future of finance around the worldwide
Leveraging Frost & Sullivan’s global network of clients, partners and stakeholders, BFS delivers a unique insight into game-changing technologies which continually converge across multiple industries.
A complimentary one-hour session
Book a complimentary one-hour session of Growth Strategy Dialogue with our experts. Engage with our industry experts and learn more about our process.