Frost & Sullivan's mobility capabilities sit at the heart of the Automotive & Transportation practice. Mobility is critical in supporting economic growth through the efficient movement of people and goods, and our team of experts identify the opportunities & challenges this brings, as a result of converging mega trends, technology led solutions, regulatory changes and competitive pressures. We document this insight through our research reports that can be accessed through our growth partnership service, of which there are over fifty published to date, and through advisory services tailored to your organisation.
Meet the Team
Senior Partner, Head of Automotive & Transportation & Visionary Innovation Group
Vice President, Business Leader, APAC
Director of Business Development
Programme Manager Mobility
Frost & Sullivan's expertise in personal and freight mobility research and consulting includes work in the following strategic and operational areas.
Integrated door to door mobility
Public Transport Solutions including identification of growth areas for public transport solutions e.g. high speed rail, advanced ITS, Smart ticketing solutions
Apps, Journey Planning, Big Data
Next generation solutions Apps, dynamic Journey Planning, Big Data and other industry hot topics
Extended Eco System Partnerships
New business models and extended eco system partnerships
Demand responsive transport solutions like ridesharing & carpooling, on demand taxi services solutions
Car Sharing with analysis of different car sharing models like Corporate car sharing, peer to peer, fixed and floating business model
Future of Parking solutions covering areas of reservation, navigation, payments and sensor assisted real-time parking sessions
Next generation freight mobility solutions like on demand logistics solutions/platforms, door to door solutions, inter modality, reverse logistics and new product development opportunities
Rapid Transit Systems
Personal Rapid Transit systems
Frost & Sullivan was founded on the simple premise that research should enable decision-makers to use marketing information in more innovative and meaningful ways. With this objective in mind, the company developed a comprehensive range of research services and state-of-the-art analytical tools. Frost & Sullivan has continued to grow, adapt, and innovate to meet the challenges and opportunities of today's ever-changing business world.
The Sharing Economy is a global Mega Trend disrupting several industries, including the automotive sector, by shifting value from individual to collaborative consumption. With ever-increasing population density, urbanization, pollution, congestion, and connected lifestyles, the industry is…
The trend of digital disruption is set to revolutionize the automotive industry. The value is shifting from individual consumption to collaborative consumption. OEMs are joining this trend and are looking at alternative sources of revenue. In the short-medium term, they are likely to launch their…
Growing congestion in core urban areas, rising parking fees and fuel costs, and a high level of carbon emissions are hindrances to urban mobility. These challenges open up opportunities to companies offering sustainable mobility solutions such as bike sharing. This research service analyses the bike…
Ho Chi Minh City, in Vietnam, is one of the fastest growing automotive markets in Vietnam. It has seen a rapid influx of population from other parts of Vietnam. Besides, the rising income and spending ability of the general public are driving the automotive market on a yearly basis.This research…
This study examines the future of the new mobility business models in China with respect to the government, OEMS, public transport operators, fleet management providers, software platform providers, and end-user segments. It charts the major developments in the market in terms of automotive…
This research service offers an in-depth analysis of the current e-Hailing market and discusses the 2025 outlook. It delves into evolving business models, market consolidations and partnerships, regulatory reforms being undertaken by authorities, and advanced technology trends. The study also…
This market insight offers an in-depth analysis on the the current e-Hailing market and discusses the 2025 outlook. It delves into evolving business models, market consolidations and partnerships, regulatory reforms being undertaken by authorities, and advanced technology trends. The insight also…
This market insight offers an in-depth analysis of the current e-Hailing market and discusses the 2025 outlook. It delves into evolving business models, market consolidations and partnerships, regulatory reforms being undertaken by authorities, and advanced technology trends. The insight also…
European ridesharing industry membership is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate of 14.9% from 2015 to 2025 as business models evolve with new companies and other mobility service providers entering the ridesharing space. Revenue also is expected to surge as more organizations offer…
North America ridesharing industry membership is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate of 18.6% from 2015 to 2025 as business models evolve with new companies and other mobility service providers entering the ridesharing space. Revenue also is expected to surge as more corporations…
We help our clients understand the implications of mobility trends to their current product and service portfolio and develop and implement growth opportunities for them. We have worked with car companies, transport network providers, mayors of cities, transport planners, tier 1 suppliers, leasing and rental companies, corporate mobility service providers and new technology pioneers to help them evaluate and pioneer new product and service solutions using disruptive business models.
We do this through tailored and customised consulting work and strategy workshops. Projects typically involve several phases from discovery, inform, evaluate, analyse, develop and implement a business plan and growth strategy. We use our research and industry experience coupled with well defined tools and techniques, tailored and developed by Frost & Sullivan, to manage and deliver these projects. We specialise in running growth workshops with our clients which help us take a cross functional team of our client, within span of a day from information to implementation.
Frost & Sullivan Mobility team can support your organisation on each of the following areas.
- New product and services solutions: We can support you develop new mobility products and services. Examples include helping an OEM to launch a new zero emission taxi and micro mobility solution
- Business Model: Detailed advice on or creation of carsharing and mobility business models under various scenarios, for leading stakeholders & associations
- Innovation & Technology: Support to suppliers and operators on potential of new technology to improve operations, e.g. deployment of virtual keys on smartphones
- Customer Analysis: “Voice of customer” assignments focusing on attitudes towards carsharing, and specific usage profiles of Carsharing
- Branding & Positioning: Support through an integrated marketing platform to launch your car sharing products and services and create a brand that is affiliated with mobility
- Statistical Analysis & Forecasting: We have undertaken multiple regression of demographic data to carsharing member data to forecast future market potential and uptake rate analysis
- Carsharing Policy: Advice to city governments (e.g. London & Tel Aviv) & transport providers on carsharing business models, impacts, and (local) carsharing market opportunity
Advisory services projects include:
- Supported a leading premium German OEM in developing their car sharing value proposition
- Helping a mayor’s office develop a vision of car sharing including recognising and planning a licence based system for car sharing operators
- Support an OEM to design, develop and launch a zero emission taxi
- Develop a new micro mobility solution, its business case and design validation and market uptake rate analysis in key markets globally
- Customer analysis of electric vehicle car sharing
- Comparative analysis of 23 cities globally to understand their future vision for next generation mobility services
- Support a car sharing operator to develop a low cost car sharing business model for launch in Europe and obtain venture capital funding
- Created a business case for a tier 1 supplier on developing a virtual key solution for car rental and sharing company including finding and introducing concept to potential customers
- Helped a vehicle leasing company in developing its car sharing product and service portfolio
- Support Corporate Strategy Division to Understand Opportunities and Business Models to Develop a Mobility Service Offering for a Leading North American Vehicle Manufacturer
Frost & Sullivan can deliver a bespoke workshop to your organisation to highlight the emerging mobility trends, and identify the impact to your organisation. This is flexible around your needs, where we can attend your strategy day or workshop as an external expert keynote speaker, through to full facilitation of a workshop to ensure your delegates are fully engaged with mobility opportunities and their relevance to their department. Full written follow-up reports and actionable strategies are provided thereafter. We have delivered such workshops for leading providers across the value chain, including Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover, Proctor & Gamble, Fincantieri, Michelin, amongst several others (available on request).