Frost & Sullivan's mobility capabilities sit at the heart of the Automotive & Transportation practice. Mobility is critical in supporting economic growth through the efficient movement of people and goods, and our team of experts identifies the opportunities & challenges this brings, as a result of converging mega trends, technology led solutions, regulatory changes and competitive pressures.
We are witnessing a shift from private transport as the only means of mobility, to a more door to door and integrated approach to mobility; Mega trends like urbanization, pollution, Congestion, Connectivity, Globalization is powering the shift from private vehicles to new business models like carsharing, carpooling, ride hailing, Integrated Mobility, dynamics shuttles etc. Technology enabled, any device can deliver real-time, door-to-door, multi-modal travel encompassing pre-trip, in trip and post-trip services bringing Convenience, Time & Cost Savings to the Mobility User.
Frost & Sullivan have published >50 reports focusing on the future of Mobility and have extensive content to leverage immediately, with several partnership opportunities for our clients. Frost & Sullivan’s new Mobility research provides clients comprehensive research, analysis, and advisory support encompassing widest range of new mobility business models, demand responsive transit to multimodal solutions, we are well placed to support your growth initiatives, through appraising new mobility business models, and developing new products and services. Apart from technology, market based research, voice of customer to issue based research, the content is aimed at providing new market entry support, competitive analysis for best practices benchmarking, customer acquisition, market due diligence and new product launch.
Frost & Sullivan was founded on the simple premise that research should enable decision-makers to use marketing information in more innovative and meaningful ways. With this objective in mind, the company developed a comprehensive range of research services and state-of-the-art analytical tools. Frost & Sullivan has continued to grow, adapt, and innovate to meet the challenges and opportunities of today's ever-changing business world.
This research service analyzes the global mobility market and discusses the 2017 outlook. The study delves into the evolving business models, market consolidations and partnerships, regulatory reforms being undertaken, and advanced technology trends. It analyzes market trends and captures growth…
Corporate mobility is a relatively new term that defines a wide range of mobility services adopted specifically to cater to the mobility requirements of companies. Transport solutions for companies have traditionally comprised private cars for employees along with a few spare company vehicles and…
Waymo, the autonomous technology company under the Alphabet conglomerate, is at the forefront of developing autonomous driving software for cars. Vehicles powered by Waymo's software help Alphabet complete its ecosystem of connected devices by serving as a data collection node when users are on the…
This research service provides a comprehensive overview of the fintech landscape in the automotive industry. It covers the application and use cases of fintech-powered innovation in the following 5 segments: 1. Automotive Leasing & Finance2. Automotive Insurance3. Digital Automotive Retailing4.…
This study provides a comprehensive insight into the flying cars landscape. It discusses the evolution of flying cars and the need for them today, as well as mega trends favoring them. The technological challenges and supporting technologies to overcome them are included, and the various types of…
This research service presents the 2017 outlook for the global automotive industry. It illustrates the changes in regional markets in 2016 and analyzes expected market performance in 2017. It delves into original equipment manufacturer (OEM) strategies to excel in target markets and segments, and…
The Sharing Economy is a global Mega Trend disrupting several industries, including the automotive sector, by shifting value from individual to collaborative consumption. With ever-increasing population density, urbanization, pollution, congestion, and connected lifestyles, the industry is…
2016 was a pivotal year for powertrain technologies globally as the fallout from Volkswagen s Dieselgate scandal continued to reverberate. Diesel sales are declining in some regions as electric vehicle sales boom. OEMs are under pressure to meet fleet emission mandates and consumer demand for…
This growth insight presents strategic content from the 2017 North American International Auto Show, which was held in Detroit from Jan. 8 to 22. As one of the most important automotive events in the United States, many major automakers display their new and upcoming releases and concepts. At this…
The trend of digital disruption is set to revolutionize the automotive industry. The value is shifting from individual consumption to collaborative consumption. OEMs are joining this trend and are looking at alternative sources of revenue. In the short-medium term, they are likely to launch their…
We help our clients understand the implications of mobility trends to their current product and service portfolio and develop and implement growth opportunities for them. We have worked with car companies, transport network providers, mayors of cities, transport planners, tier 1 suppliers, leasing and rental companies, corporate mobility service providers and new technology pioneers to help them evaluate and pioneer new product and service solutions using disruptive business models.
We do this through tailored and customised consulting work and strategy workshops. Projects typically involve several phases from discovery, inform, evaluate, analyse, develop and implement a business plan and growth strategy. We use our research and industry experience coupled with well defined tools and techniques, tailored and developed by Frost & Sullivan, to manage and deliver these projects. We specialise in running growth workshops with our clients which help us take a cross functional team of our client, within span of a day from information to implementation.
Frost & Sullivan Mobility team can support your organisation on each of the following areas.
- New product and services solutions: We can support you develop new mobility products and services. Examples include helping an OEM to launch a new zero emission taxi and micro mobility solution
- Business Model: Detailed advice on or creation of carsharing and mobility business models under various scenarios, for leading stakeholders & associations
- Innovation & Technology: Support to suppliers and operators on potential of new technology to improve operations, e.g. deployment of virtual keys on smartphones
- Customer Analysis: “Voice of customer” assignments focusing on attitudes towards carsharing, and specific usage profiles of Carsharing
- Branding & Positioning: Support through an integrated marketing platform to launch your car sharing products and services and create a brand that is affiliated with mobility
- Statistical Analysis & Forecasting: We have undertaken multiple regression of demographic data to carsharing member data to forecast future market potential and uptake rate analysis
- Carsharing Policy: Advice to city governments (e.g. London & Tel Aviv) & transport providers on carsharing business models, impacts, and (local) carsharing market opportunity
Advisory services projects include:
- Supported a leading premium German OEM in developing their car sharing value proposition
- Helping a mayor’s office develop a vision of car sharing including recognising and planning a licence based system for car sharing operators
- Support an OEM to design, develop and launch a zero emission taxi
- Develop a new micro mobility solution, its business case and design validation and market uptake rate analysis in key markets globally
- Customer analysis of electric vehicle car sharing
- Comparative analysis of 23 cities globally to understand their future vision for next generation mobility services
- Support a car sharing operator to develop a low cost car sharing business model for launch in Europe and obtain venture capital funding
- Created a business case for a tier 1 supplier on developing a virtual key solution for car rental and sharing company including finding and introducing concept to potential customers
- Helped a vehicle leasing company in developing its car sharing product and service portfolio
- Support Corporate Strategy Division to Understand Opportunities and Business Models to Develop a Mobility Service Offering for a Leading North American Vehicle Manufacturer
Frost & Sullivan can deliver a bespoke workshop to your organisation to highlight the emerging mobility trends, and identify the impact to your organisation. This is flexible around your needs, where we can attend your strategy day or workshop as an external expert keynote speaker, through to full facilitation of a workshop to ensure your delegates are fully engaged with mobility opportunities and their relevance to their department. Full written follow-up reports and actionable strategies are provided thereafter. We have delivered such workshops for leading providers across the value chain, including Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover, Proctor & Gamble, Fincantieri, Michelin, amongst several others (available on request).
Meet the Team
Senior Partner, Head of Automotive & Transportation & Visionary Innovation Group
Vice President, Business Leader, APAC
Frost & Sullivan's expertise in personal and freight mobility research and consulting includes work in the following strategic and operational areas.
Integrated door to door mobility
Public Transport Solutions including identification of growth areas for public transport solutions e.g. high speed rail, advanced ITS, Smart ticketing solutions
Apps, Journey Planning, Big Data
Multi modal apps and implication for various customer segments, Data monetization opportunity
Extended Eco System Partnerships
New business models and extended eco system partnerships
Transport solutions like ridesharing & carpooling, on demand taxi services solutions
Frost & Sullivan quantify and forecast on all carsharing business models and can support in analysis, market overview, or conceptualizing products in these businesses
Future of Parking solutions covering areas of reservation, navigation, payments and sensor assisted real-time parking sessions
Next generation freight mobility solutions like on demand logistics solutions/platforms, door to door solutions, inter modality, reverse logistics and new product development opportunities
Rapid Transit Systems
Personal Rapid Transit systems
Potential in the corporate mobility segments; ranging from corporate carsharing, carpooling, journey planning and mobility budgets
Role of Mobility in Smart Cities - New Business Models, Opportunities, and Market Entrants in Mobility Integration