Frost & Sullivan's mobility capabilities sit at the heart of the Automotive & Transportation practice. Mobility is critical in supporting economic growth through the efficient movement of people and goods, and our team of experts identifies the opportunities & challenges this brings, as a result of converging mega trends, technology led solutions, regulatory changes and competitive pressures.
We are witnessing a shift from private transport as the only means of mobility, to a more door to door and integrated approach to mobility; Mega trends like urbanization, pollution, Congestion, Connectivity, Globalization is powering the shift from private vehicles to new business models like carsharing, carpooling, ride hailing, Integrated Mobility, dynamics shuttles etc. Technology enabled, any device can deliver real-time, door-to-door, multi-modal travel encompassing pre-trip, in trip and post-trip services bringing Convenience, Time & Cost Savings to the Mobility User.
Frost & Sullivan have published >50 reports focusing on the future of Mobility and have extensive content to leverage immediately, with several partnership opportunities for our clients. Frost & Sullivan’s new Mobility research provides clients comprehensive research, analysis, and advisory support encompassing widest range of new mobility business models, demand responsive transit to multimodal solutions, we are well placed to support your growth initiatives, through appraising new mobility business models, and developing new products and services. Apart from technology, market based research, voice of customer to issue based research, the content is aimed at providing new market entry support, competitive analysis for best practices benchmarking, customer acquisition, market due diligence and new product launch.
Frost & Sullivan was founded on the simple premise that research should enable decision-makers to use marketing information in more innovative and meaningful ways. With this objective in mind, the company developed a comprehensive range of research services and state-of-the-art analytical tools. Frost & Sullivan has continued to grow, adapt, and innovate to meet the challenges and opportunities of today's ever-changing business world.
Digital disruption is set to revolutionize the automotive industry. The value is shifting from individual consumption to collaborative consumption. OEMs are embracing this trend and are looking at alternative sources of revenue, such as shared mobility, connected car services, financial services,…
Over the years, Carsharing technology has evolved from simple manual systems to increasingly complex computer-based systems. There are now a wide range of technology service providers offering solutions, from factory installed to aftermarket, to Carsharing operators. Currently, more than 15…
Competitive Benchmarking of Corporate Mobility Solutions of Key OEMs and Leasing Companies in Europe, 2017
We are witnessing a shift in products and services being provided to business travelers and the way in which companies set up their administration of these activities. New mobility business models, such as carsharing, ridesharing, and ridehailing/taxi services for personal use, are also developing…
Traditional public transit modes have remained unchanged over decades and inherent flaws have remained unaddressed. The fixed-route and fixed-schedule model works efficiently on high-density routes but routes with lower demand and density along with demand at odd hours are not as efficiently catered…
The global shared mobility market has been expanding at a tremendous pace. With growing demand for shared mobility business models over the last few years, the overall market has paved way for numerous innovative startups in this space. Shared mobility has not only provided solutions to tackle…
This research service analyzes the global mobility market and offers a 2018 outlook. The study delves into the evolving business models in the shared mobility space, market consolidations and partnerships, regulatory reforms, and advanced technology trends. Readers who will benefit from this…
This research service analyses the mobility market value chain in detail and discusses the expected trends. The study delves into evolving business models, market consolidations and partnerships, and advanced technology trends shaping the market. It provides the market trends and outlines potential…
We help our clients understand the implications of mobility trends to their current product and service portfolio and develop and implement growth opportunities for them. We have worked with car companies, transport network providers, mayors of cities, transport planners, tier 1 suppliers, leasing and rental companies, corporate mobility service providers and new technology pioneers to help them evaluate and pioneer new product and service solutions using disruptive business models.
We do this through tailored and customised consulting work and strategy workshops. Projects typically involve several phases from discovery, inform, evaluate, analyse, develop and implement a business plan and growth strategy. We use our research and industry experience coupled with well defined tools and techniques, tailored and developed by Frost & Sullivan, to manage and deliver these projects. We specialise in running growth workshops with our clients which help us take a cross functional team of our client, within span of a day from information to implementation.
Frost & Sullivan Mobility team can support your organisation on each of the following areas.
- New product and services solutions: We can support you develop new mobility products and services. Examples include helping an OEM to launch a new zero emission taxi and micro mobility solution
- Business Model: Detailed advice on or creation of carsharing and mobility business models under various scenarios, for leading stakeholders & associations
- Innovation & Technology: Support to suppliers and operators on potential of new technology to improve operations, e.g. deployment of virtual keys on smartphones
- Customer Analysis: “Voice of customer” assignments focusing on attitudes towards carsharing, and specific usage profiles of Carsharing
- Branding & Positioning: Support through an integrated marketing platform to launch your car sharing products and services and create a brand that is affiliated with mobility
- Statistical Analysis & Forecasting: We have undertaken multiple regression of demographic data to carsharing member data to forecast future market potential and uptake rate analysis
- Carsharing Policy: Advice to city governments (e.g. London & Tel Aviv) & transport providers on carsharing business models, impacts, and (local) carsharing market opportunity
Advisory services projects include:
- Supported a leading premium German OEM in developing their car sharing value proposition
- Helping a mayor’s office develop a vision of car sharing including recognising and planning a licence based system for car sharing operators
- Support an OEM to design, develop and launch a zero emission taxi
- Develop a new micro mobility solution, its business case and design validation and market uptake rate analysis in key markets globally
- Customer analysis of electric vehicle car sharing
- Comparative analysis of 23 cities globally to understand their future vision for next generation mobility services
- Support a car sharing operator to develop a low cost car sharing business model for launch in Europe and obtain venture capital funding
- Created a business case for a tier 1 supplier on developing a virtual key solution for car rental and sharing company including finding and introducing concept to potential customers
- Helped a vehicle leasing company in developing its car sharing product and service portfolio
- Support Corporate Strategy Division to Understand Opportunities and Business Models to Develop a Mobility Service Offering for a Leading North American Vehicle Manufacturer
Frost & Sullivan can deliver a bespoke workshop to your organisation to highlight the emerging mobility trends, and identify the impact to your organisation. This is flexible around your needs, where we can attend your strategy day or workshop as an external expert keynote speaker, through to full facilitation of a workshop to ensure your delegates are fully engaged with mobility opportunities and their relevance to their department. Full written follow-up reports and actionable strategies are provided thereafter. We have delivered such workshops for leading providers across the value chain, including Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover, Proctor & Gamble, Fincantieri, Michelin, amongst several others (available on request).
Meet the Team
Senior Partner, Head of Automotive & Transportation & Visionary Innovation Group
Vice President, Business Leader, APAC
Frost & Sullivan's expertise in personal and freight mobility research and consulting includes work in the following strategic and operational areas.
Integrated door to door mobility
Public Transport Solutions including identification of growth areas for public transport solutions e.g. high speed rail, advanced ITS, Smart ticketing solutions
Apps, Journey Planning, Big Data
Multi modal apps and implication for various customer segments, Data monetization opportunity
Extended Eco System Partnerships
New business models and extended eco system partnerships
Transport solutions like ridesharing & carpooling, on demand taxi services solutions
Frost & Sullivan quantify and forecast on all carsharing business models and can support in analysis, market overview, or conceptualizing products in these businesses
Future of Parking solutions covering areas of reservation, navigation, payments and sensor assisted real-time parking sessions
Next generation freight mobility solutions like on demand logistics solutions/platforms, door to door solutions, inter modality, reverse logistics and new product development opportunities
Rapid Transit Systems
Personal Rapid Transit systems
Potential in the corporate mobility segments; ranging from corporate carsharing, carpooling, journey planning and mobility budgets
Role of Mobility in Smart Cities - New Business Models, Opportunities, and Market Entrants in Mobility Integration