Frost & Sullivan's global commercial vehicle program provides clarity in strategic decision making opportunities related to global commercial vehicle technologies, econometrics, applications, and the respective markets.
The program works closely with leading global OEMS, Tier I suppliers, governments, regulators, and financial industry participants among other industry stakeholder groups, to provide our client with prescriptive research and advisory services.
Our global team leverage extensive expertise and market knowledge to deliver mission critical and actionable research and advisory strategies to drive change & accelerate growth.
Meet the Team
Global Head of Research
Director Commercial Vehicles, Mobility Practice
Global Vice President, Transportation & Logistics Practice
Research Director Automotive & Transportation
Team Leader, Global Commercial Vehicle Research
Team Leader, Industry Prinipal, Commercial Vehicle Research
Global Vice President, Automotive
Frost & Sullivan's expertise in commercial vehicle, transport, logistics, rail research and consulting includes work in the following strategic and operational areas.
Market Entry Strategies and Growth Acceleration
Define and develop growth opportunities in each and every major commercial vehicle market globally.
New Technology/Product Innovation & Development
Mission-critical analysis for technologies, products and serviced and market opportunities within these different areas.
Business Model Development
Leverage our vast experience to develop robust and sustainable business models and recalibrate legacy models that embrace and accelerate growth.
Grow Revenue Streams
We apply extensive global and regional knowledge, market awareness and experience to understanding your needs.
Voice of Customer Research
Insightful Industry focused end-user studies for key areas.
Understanding the implications of new technologies to companies and the market.
Leveraging developments within chassis, lighting and design and implementation of these into new business models.
Retailing and Financing
Sales maximization strategies, leasing, eRetailing, and developing effective and successful retailing solutions.
360 degree Research
View of commercial vehicle market growth opportunities.
Comparative and Competitive Benchmarking
Size and analyze your market and competitors’ using our “bottom-up” research methodology to gain solid understanding of your playing field and your competitors’ capabilities.
Frost & Sullivan was founded on the simple premise that research should enable decision-makers to use marketing information in more innovative and meaningful ways. With this objective in mind, the company developed a comprehensive range of research services and state-of-the-art analytical tools. Frost & Sullivan has continued to grow, adapt, and innovate to meet the challenges and opportunities of today's ever-changing business world.
Our deep and comprehensive expertise encompasses all commercial vehicles such as trucks, trailers, buses, off-highway vehicles, rail, shipping, and all areas of logistics. Our global research analysts track, monitor, forecast, and analyze technologies and their markets opportunities, and issues of strategic relevance to support our clients.
PACCAR Inc is expected to increase its medium- and heavy-duty truck unit sales at a compound annual growth rate of 4.8% from 2016 to 2025, which will help it maintain its share of the global truck market. While rising unit sales will not be the key driver for sustained profitability, revenue from…
This study provides a comprehensive insight into the flying cars landscape. It discusses the evolution of flying cars and the need for them today, as well as mega trends favoring them. The technological challenges and supporting technologies to overcome them are included, and the various types of…
Mega trucks are seen as a solution to growing problems faced due to road congestion and emissions by reducing the need for more conventional sized trucks on the road. They also lower cost per ton for fleets along with addressing growing freight demand. However, significant obstacles lay ahead of…
Frost Perspectives interview with Apollo Tyres Managing Director, Mr. Neeraj Kanwar on the future of Apollo tyres, their changing strategies for research and development and their CSR initiatives focused on making a difference to their end consumers.
The African commercial vehicles (CV) market, despite the slowdown due to low oil and commodity prices, is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1%, largely driven by increasing infrastructural developments and rising urbanisation. South Africa is the largest contributor to…
The Global Bus Rapid Transit System Database, 2016 is an interactive dashboard for bus original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), transit operators, and vendors with details of networks and buses of global bus rapid transit (BRT) systems. The base year is 2016 (2014/2015 data has been provided where…
Smartphones are not only a gateway for information, they are also increasingly becoming business enablers for the trucking industry. They are driving up efficiency and opening up new opportunities in the trucking ecosystem with a spurt in the growth of dedicated mobile apps for trucking. While only…
2017 will be a year like no other in global commercial vehicle industry. Product as a service will dominate industry narrative as proliferation of electronics and connected truck technologies create new logistics business models. Moreover, concerns on global economic and geopolitical stability along…
Escalating conflicts, heightening tensions, and increasing polarization are spurring the growth of defense budgets across the globe. Civil conflicts from within and terrorism are driving defense vehicle procurement. While procurement is expected to vary by region, Africa, APAC, and the Middle East…
The study aims to analyze and forecast the global connected truck (commercial vehicle telematics) market outlook for 2017. The major focus is on market trends and transformational shifts (truck digitization; Tier I progression from a product to a truck services provider; aftermarket technology…
We help our clients understand the implications of mobility trends to their current product and service portfolio and develop and implement growth opportunities for them. We have worked with car companies, transport network providers, mayors of cities, transport planners, tier 1 suppliers, leasing and rental companies, corporate mobility service providers and new technology pioneers to help them evaluate and pioneer new product and service solutions using disruptive business models.
We do this through tailored and customised consulting work and strategy workshops. Projects typically involve several phases from discovery, inform, evaluate, analyse, develop and implement a business plan and growth strategy. We use our research and industry experience coupled with well defined tools and techniques, tailored and developed by Frost & Sullivan, to manage and deliver these projects. We specialise in running growth workshops with our clients which help us take a cross functional team of our client, within span of a day from information to implementation.
Frost & Sullivan’s Global Commercial Vehicle Research team can support your organization on each of the following areas.
- Market Entry Strategies and Growth Acceleration: Define and develop growth opportunities in all major commercial vehicle markets.
- New Technology/ Product Innovation & Development: Our cutting-edge technology and product focused research enables us to deliver critical analysis of market opportunities accorded by innovations.
- Business Model Development: Support in creating robust and sustainable business to embrace and accelerate growth.
- Globalizing Business and Revenue Streams: Amalgamating global and tailored regional thought leadership experience to support businesses with internal growth and alignment, and gaining market share opportunities.
- Voice of Customer Research: Industry focused end-user studies & growth strategies to grow future product/service portfolios.
- New Revenue Streams: Leveraging soft technologies such as connectivity, safety, big data, and analytics to strengthen your business.
- Retailing and Financing: Analysis of dealership sales maximization strategies, leasing and financing business models, e-retailing and digital retailing solutions
- Comparative and Competitive Benchmarking: Enabling clients to obtain a competitive edge within their market by analysing competitors, market and product/service developments.
Advisory services projects include:
- Develop global CV OEM European and Latin American market entry strategy.
- Identifying and facilitating partnership in India for a global leader in defense systems to enter and grow in the Indian commercial vehicle axles market.
- Analyzing product demand for one of the world’s largest engine manufacturers for sustainable growth in the Chinese truck market.
- Supporting one of the world’s largest industrial conglomerates (Fortune 10 company) by enhancing its competitive market edge in the wake of a major competitor’s entrance into the Latin American territory
- Analyzing the white spots and opportunity areas in heavy-duty truck turbocharger markets in India, China, and Western Europe for a leading global Tier I supplier.
- Benchmarking diesel engines featuring select parameters for on- and off-highway engines offered in North America and Europe for a leading global engine maker
- Enabling a major Japanese off-highway equipment manufacturer to understanding the applicability and demand potential of a new and innovative robotic system for construction applications.
- Conducting a strategic market evaluation of the conformity assessment market in the European rail industry for a government rail infrastructure manager.
- Evaluating market potential and advising strategies to enter the North American automated fare collection market for the one of the world’s largest electronics and electrical systems companies
Our industry thought leaders have vast experience in developing and conducting strategic workshops with C-suite executives, board members, and senior leaders encompassing an impressive range of market participant groups.
Engage with our globally recognised analysts and consultants to align your company’s focus and activities. We can work with you to identify and prescribe growth strategies elevate your growth trajectory, and benefit from advanced technologies, optimise emerging trends and business model influencers, and gain competitive advantage.
We have been very impressed by Frost & Sullivan. The team showed deep knowledge and understanding of the automotive industry and the international business development environment, the focus of our company. They have literally read our minds and after recommending a strategy that leverages our capabilities to solve market needs, they delivered a business plan that perfectly brings our vision to concrete, clear goals and actions.
“Frost & Sullivan's team helped us in considering current and future mobility trends, their impact to the UK, and future growth potential. This has assisted us in defining the scale of issues in the UK for the next 10 years, as well as playing a role in the "Innovative Mobility". Their detailed insight has been utilized by my team both internally and externally, and I would not hesitate in considering them for future mobility related assignments” Lead on Integrated Transport
IM, Rail & Marine, Technology Strategy Board
Cummins Inc has incorporated Automotive and Transportation studies from Frost & Sullivan since 2008 and rely on their studies as a cornerstones of industry understanding. Access to the high quality and broad scope of commercial vehicle research conducted by Frost & Sullivan is a tremendous asset to any research portfolio. It serves as a solid basis from which to develop further work and is shared widely throughout our entire company. Sandeep Kar and his team are very responsive to our needs and are proactive in their consideration of Cummins research needs.
Mary Broihier, Engine Business Market Research Manager, Cummins Inc.
Thank you very much for these final deliverables, I have been very pleased with the product and your approach to achieving them.
And please be assured, we are already using the tool!
I am sure there will be opportunities to do more business with you in the future.
James Collinson, Managing Director, Network Certification Body