Frost & Sullivan's global commercial vehicle program provides clarity in strategic decision making opportunities related to global commercial vehicle technologies, econometrics, applications, and the respective markets.
The program works closely with leading global OEMS, Tier I suppliers, governments, regulators, and financial industry participants among other industry stakeholder groups, to provide our client with prescriptive research and advisory services.
Our global team leverage extensive expertise and market knowledge to deliver mission critical and actionable research and advisory strategies to drive change & accelerate growth.
Meet the Team
Global Head of Research
Director Commercial Vehicles, Mobility Practice
Global Vice President, Transportation & Logistics Practice
Research Director Automotive & Transportation
Frost & Sullivan was founded on the simple premise that research should enable decision-makers to use marketing information in more innovative and meaningful ways. With this objective in mind, the company developed a comprehensive range of research services and state-of-the-art analytical tools. Frost & Sullivan has continued to grow, adapt, and innovate to meet the challenges and opportunities of today's ever-changing business world.
Our deep and comprehensive expertise encompasses all commercial vehicles such as trucks, trailers, buses, off-highway vehicles, rail, shipping, and all areas of logistics. Our global research analysts track, monitor, forecast, and analyze technologies and their markets opportunities, and issues of strategic relevance to support our clients.
The aim of this research service is to analyze video safety solutions in Light and medium/heavy commercial vehicles (LCV, M/HCV) trucks across the globe and present an overview of market growth opportunities and implications. Under the compliance, safety, and accountability (CSA) environment, fleets…
The increasing use of blockchain technology will go hand in hand with growing advances in the commercial vehicle industry, especially through digitisation and automation. Key trends such as digital transformation, rise in automation, modern logistics systems, and proliferation of financial…
This study aims to research and analyse the development of Big Data Analytics and connected services in the farm equipment industry and to assess the value proposition of these connected services that address the expectations of farmers and transform their business practices. The farm equipment…
This study analyzes the global truck retailing digital transformation market. Truck retailing and its business model is obsolete and is ready for an overhaul. Digitization will be the solution to help drive change in the truck retail business model and the strategies of leading OEMs/dealers.…
The aim of the study is to measure and analyze the current levels of and the changes in familiarity, desirability, and willingness to pay for advanced truck technologies by US Class 6-8 fleet managers. The study focuses on actionable insights in terms of the purchase decisions of fleet managers,…
This research service aims at analyzing the Global Connected Truck Market and identifying key countries of growth and opportunity for connectivity services.The Connected Truck Market is burgeoning into a mammoth industry with services and ecosystem players increasing year-on-year.The services are…
This study aims to research and analyse the new era of digital transformation in the farming industry and to assess the value proposition of these new technologies that address the expectations of farmers in transforming their business practices. Adoption of agricultural technology has become…
Growth Opportunities and Implications of the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Mandate in North America
The aim of this study is to analyze developments in the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) market for Commercial Vehicles in North America (US and Canada) and present an overview of market growth opportunities and implications. Major focus is on trends such as pricing, package, business case, and…
Commercial vehicles (CV) parc in the European market was estimated at 38.9 million in 2016 and is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% to reach 44.2 million by 2023. Eastern European countries, Germany, and the United Kingdom are expected to witness the highest growth in…
This research service aims at identifying and analyzing key trends in the connected truck market that are poised to shape the future of logistics industry. The logistics supply chain market is being challenged as it is expected to perform mission-critical functions while bringing about complete…
We help our clients understand the implications of mobility trends to their current product and service portfolio and develop and implement growth opportunities for them. We have worked with car companies, transport network providers, mayors of cities, transport planners, tier 1 suppliers, leasing and rental companies, corporate mobility service providers and new technology pioneers to help them evaluate and pioneer new product and service solutions using disruptive business models.
We do this through tailored and customised consulting work and strategy workshops. Projects typically involve several phases from discovery, inform, evaluate, analyse, develop and implement a business plan and growth strategy. We use our research and industry experience coupled with well defined tools and techniques, tailored and developed by Frost & Sullivan, to manage and deliver these projects. We specialise in running growth workshops with our clients which help us take a cross functional team of our client, within span of a day from information to implementation.
Frost & Sullivan’s Global Commercial Vehicle Research team can support your organization on each of the following areas.
- Market Entry Strategies and Growth Acceleration: Define and develop growth opportunities in all major commercial vehicle markets.
- New Technology/ Product Innovation & Development: Our cutting-edge technology and product focused research enables us to deliver critical analysis of market opportunities accorded by innovations.
- Business Model Development: Support in creating robust and sustainable business to embrace and accelerate growth.
- Globalizing Business and Revenue Streams: Amalgamating global and tailored regional thought leadership experience to support businesses with internal growth and alignment, and gaining market share opportunities.
- Voice of Customer Research: Industry focused end-user studies & growth strategies to grow future product/service portfolios.
- New Revenue Streams: Leveraging soft technologies such as connectivity, safety, big data, and analytics to strengthen your business.
- Retailing and Financing: Analysis of dealership sales maximization strategies, leasing and financing business models, e-retailing and digital retailing solutions
- Comparative and Competitive Benchmarking: Enabling clients to obtain a competitive edge within their market by analysing competitors, market and product/service developments.
Advisory services projects include:
- Develop global CV OEM European and Latin American market entry strategy.
- Identifying and facilitating partnership in India for a global leader in defense systems to enter and grow in the Indian commercial vehicle axles market.
- Analyzing product demand for one of the world’s largest engine manufacturers for sustainable growth in the Chinese truck market.
- Supporting one of the world’s largest industrial conglomerates (Fortune 10 company) by enhancing its competitive market edge in the wake of a major competitor’s entrance into the Latin American territory
- Analyzing the white spots and opportunity areas in heavy-duty truck turbocharger markets in India, China, and Western Europe for a leading global Tier I supplier.
- Benchmarking diesel engines featuring select parameters for on- and off-highway engines offered in North America and Europe for a leading global engine maker
- Enabling a major Japanese off-highway equipment manufacturer to understanding the applicability and demand potential of a new and innovative robotic system for construction applications.
- Conducting a strategic market evaluation of the conformity assessment market in the European rail industry for a government rail infrastructure manager.
- Evaluating market potential and advising strategies to enter the North American automated fare collection market for the one of the world’s largest electronics and electrical systems companies
Our industry thought leaders have vast experience in developing and conducting strategic workshops with C-suite executives, board members, and senior leaders encompassing an impressive range of market participant groups.
Engage with our globally recognised analysts and consultants to align your company’s focus and activities. We can work with you to identify and prescribe growth strategies elevate your growth trajectory, and benefit from advanced technologies, optimise emerging trends and business model influencers, and gain competitive advantage.
We have been very impressed by Frost & Sullivan. The team showed deep knowledge and understanding of the automotive industry and the international business development environment, the focus of our company. They have literally read our minds and after recommending a strategy that leverages our capabilities to solve market needs, they delivered a business plan that perfectly brings our vision to concrete, clear goals and actions.
“Frost & Sullivan's team helped us in considering current and future mobility trends, their impact to the UK, and future growth potential. This has assisted us in defining the scale of issues in the UK for the next 10 years, as well as playing a role in the "Innovative Mobility". Their detailed insight has been utilized by my team both internally and externally, and I would not hesitate in considering them for future mobility related assignments” Lead on Integrated Transport
IM, Rail & Marine, Technology Strategy Board
Cummins Inc has incorporated Automotive and Transportation studies from Frost & Sullivan since 2008 and rely on their studies as a cornerstones of industry understanding. Access to the high quality and broad scope of commercial vehicle research conducted by Frost & Sullivan is a tremendous asset to any research portfolio. It serves as a solid basis from which to develop further work and is shared widely throughout our entire company. Sandeep Kar and his team are very responsive to our needs and are proactive in their consideration of Cummins research needs.
Mary Broihier, Engine Business Market Research Manager, Cummins Inc.
Thank you very much for these final deliverables, I have been very pleased with the product and your approach to achieving them.
And please be assured, we are already using the tool!
I am sure there will be opportunities to do more business with you in the future.
James Collinson, Managing Director, Network Certification Body
Frost & Sullivan's expertise in commercial vehicle, transport, logistics, rail research and consulting includes work in the following strategic and operational areas.
Market Entry Strategies and Growth Acceleration
Define and develop growth opportunities in each and every major commercial vehicle market globally.
New Technology/Product Innovation & Development
Mission-critical analysis for technologies, products and serviced and market opportunities within these different areas.
Business Model Development
Leverage our vast experience to develop robust and sustainable business models and recalibrate legacy models that embrace and accelerate growth.
Grow Revenue Streams
We apply extensive global and regional knowledge, market awareness and experience to understanding your needs.
Voice of Customer Research
Insightful Industry focused end-user studies for key areas.
Understanding the implications of new technologies to companies and the market.
Leveraging developments within chassis, lighting and design and implementation of these into new business models.
Retailing and Financing
Sales maximization strategies, leasing, eRetailing, and developing effective and successful retailing solutions.
360 degree Research
View of commercial vehicle market growth opportunities.
Comparative and Competitive Benchmarking
Size and analyze your market and competitors’ using our “bottom-up” research methodology to gain solid understanding of your playing field and your competitors’ capabilities.