The EDI Council met at its second quarterly web conference on 11th March, 2015. The second web-conference saw discussions centered around the critical issue of 'Bridging the Digital Divide', one of the five critical issues voted to be included as part of the Council's 2015 agenda. The web conference hosted global digital giants and industry thought leaders who provided their innovative insights and best practices on the issue of the digital gap. Following an interactive format, the Council engaged in thought provoking discussions while engaging in collaborative learning.
The web-conference witnessed four breakthrough case-study presentations by dignitaries from 4 global corporates who leveraged best practices to bring about digital transformation, contributing to global economic development.
- IBM Smart Cities – Ashish Cowlagi, Head of IBM Watson
- A*Star, Digital Transformation in Education – Chairman Lim Chuan Poh, Chairman, A*Star Singapore
- GSMA, mAgri Programme – Natalia Pshenichnaya, Director, mAgri Programme
- Datawind, Aakash tablets – Suneet Singh Tuli, CEO, Datawind
The EDI Council web-conference hosted dignitaries from the following economic development agencies and corporates:
- American Axel
- Lousiana Economic Development Board
- Make in India