Mobility: Automotive & Transportation Consulting
Mobility: Automotive & Transportation enterprises must meet customer expectations for ever-better technology at lower costs, while complying with complex safety and environmental regulations. Frost & Sullivan helps Mobility: Automotive & Transportation clients stay at the leading edge of industry best practices, resulting in more precise consumer targeting and more profitable market share growth.
Frost & Sullivan provides critical consultative support throughout the Mobility: Automotive & Transportation value chain, from product research and development to manufacturing and distribution.
Our 360° perspective helps clients with a range of issues, such as product and value proposition differentiation and the adoption of new distribution channels. Our global team of cross-industry experts helps clients capture industry convergence and Mega Trends opportunities, such as integrating personal electronics with vehicle systems and the rise of new mobility concepts.
Automotive & Transportation Case Study
A major North American OEM wanted to perform a detailed comparative analysis of key automotive makes to enhance its competitive intelligence tracking and trend sensing capabilities.
- The underlying goal was to optimize its future product and technology strategy, to support its global brand position, following market share erosion in recent years.
- The client needed to energize its organization around a focused strategy that was relevant and informed by deep insights regarding competitive forces and emerging disruptive trends.
Our objectives on behalf of the OEMs were:
- To provide deep competitive intelligence and insights presented in a concise fashion, interactively on a periodic basis to strategically inform the OEM’s product and technology strategy decisions.
- To work in deep integration mode with the client to modify its future strategic direction, based on the competitive insights and trends not previously addressed internally.
- The entire analysis and assessment of key automotive makes occurred within various functions such as R&D Structure, OEM/Brand/Product Product/Portfolio Strategies, Technology Application and Corporate Structure modules.
- Analysis was done through leveraging Frost & Sullivan extensive industry and market knowledge, which was enhanced by additional secondary and primary research. Multiple interviews were conducted with the target competitive OEMs across multiple regions for expert opinions and were analyzed for patterns.
- Business contacts were largely Executives and Senior Managers. Project delivery occurred throughout the year in interactive workshops where we partnered with the internal functions to enhance and steer the firm’s future strategic direction.
- The results of the project were essential to the client in better understanding luxury as well as mainstream brands.
- Disruptive and previously unconsidered competitive insights and trends were brought to light during the course of the project which resulted in course correction of strategy. The success stories of competitor brands were presented in a workshop to a cross-functional team. This activity was crucial to deeply transfer the knowledge inhouse effectively to the client core team.